Home World ‘Anger, sadness’: Thousands mourn Palestinians killed by Israel | Israel-Palestine conflict News

‘Anger, sadness’: Thousands mourn Palestinians killed by Israel | Israel-Palestine conflict News

by News Desk
0 comment

Ramallah occupies the West Bank – Two Palestinian men died of their wounds after being shot by Israeli forces in a separate incident.

22-year-old Mohammad Abu Kishek was pronounced dead by the Palestinian Ministry of Health Wednesday night, less than 24 hours after he was shot in the stomach by Israeli forces during Tuesday night’s raid.

Another man, 30-year-old Mohammad Hirzallah, a fighter with the armed resistance group Lions’ Den, died from wounds received when he was shot in the head by Israeli forces during clashes in Nablus in July. . Hizallah was fighting alongside his two famous leaders in the Lions’ Den when he was wounded.

Thousands of Palestinians took part in the funeral procession of Abu Kishek and Hirzallah, which began in the city of Nablus on Thursday morning. shot in the air.

“There is anger and sadness…the presence of armed men from Lion’s Den and other armed groups was evident,” local journalist Mohammad Muna, who attended the funeral, told Al Jazeera.

After four months in hospital and several surgeries, Hirzallah died at Istishari hospital in Ramallah.

His body was transferred to Nablus on Wednesday night in a large convoy. Local media reported that Palestinian Authority (PA) security forces attacked a convoy and mourners at the Maine roundabout in Nablus with tear gas and stun grenades.

“There appears to have been a demand or safety order for the armed men not to appear in public with weapons and not to shoot live ammunition into the air,” Muna said. “The presence of guards at the roundabout, along with the armored vehicles, seemed to irritate the men.”

“There appeared to be some violent language exchanged and some men began to speak out against the security forces, leading to police firing tear gas and live ammunition into the air.” he added.

PA has yet to comment on the incident.

A third Palestinian, 16-year-old Ahmad Amjad Shehadeh, was killed Wednesday in the same Nablus air raid in which Abu Kishek was shot Tuesday night.

The killings came in two explosions that rocked Jerusalem Wednesday morning. Israeli officials said one Israeli was killed and at least 12 wounded in a coordinated attack by Palestinians.

Israeli authorities continued their search for the suspect on Thursday.

The first explosion occurred near an Israeli bus station along the highway at the western entrance to Jerusalem near Givat Shaul.

Separately on Wednesday, Israeli forces destroyed a recently constructed Palestinian primary school in the Masafayatta district of the occupied southern West Bank. There he faces imminent displacement of more than 1,300 residents. The school was built by PA with European Union (EU) funding.

PA Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh said the school demolition, including violations against education and students, “is part of the war Israel is waging against our people.”

The Israeli military said it had demolished illegally erected buildings in areas designated as closed firing zones.

Since 1967, Israel has designated approximately 18% of its occupied West Bank as a closed military training or firing zone, making more than 6,000 Palestinians “illegal” residents.

body delivery

At dawn on Thursday, Palestinian fighters handed over the body of an 18-year-old Israeli man who died in a car accident near Jenin in the occupied northern West Bank after holding it for two days.

The PA pressured the fighters to release the bodies, which were handed over to Israeli forces at the Salem checkpoint north of Jenin.

Tensions between the occupied West Bank and Israel have increased since last year.

The increase in Palestinian armed attacks against Palestinians has been accompanied by an increase in Israeli military raids and Palestinian killings in the occupied West Bank, occurring almost daily.

More than 200 Palestinians, including more than 50 children, have been murdered by Israel in occupied territories in East Jerusalem, the West Bank and the besieged Gaza Strip in the worst year for Palestinians since 2006.

More than 25 people have died in Israel.

The development comes as Benjamin Netanyahu, tasked with forming the next Israeli government after taking the lead in this month’s general election, continues negotiations to form a new coalition with far-right and far-right parties. was brought.

On Wednesday, Netanyahu agreed with his ally, the religious Zionist party Bezalel Smotrich, to give the latter control of the Israeli military organization (known as COGAT), which is responsible for managing the occupied West Bank. announced.

The position was given to Smotrich, a controversial figure who blatantly promoted violence against Palestinians, in Area C, which accounts for 60% of the occupied West Bank under full Israeli military and civilian control. means responsible for settlement is located.

Smotrich oversees Palestinian construction in Area C. already very limitedHe will also be responsible for building Israeli settlements, coordinating security between the Israeli military and the PA, and permitting Palestinian workers in Israel.

In 2019, following the International Criminal Court (ICC)’s decision to open an investigation into alleged Israeli war crimes, Smotrich called for the dissolution of the PA, calling the ICC “a political and anti-Semitic institution. ‘ said.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Copyright ©️ All rights reserved. | Canadian Trends